Blue Run Kentucky Rye Bourbon
The Blue Run team has selected 12 different single barrels of their Blue Run Kentucky Rye Bourbon, which was contract distilled at Castle & Key Distillery.
Each barrel, which featured a #4 alligator char and was aged in Frankfort and Bardstown, KY, will have its own unique personality based on where it was in the rickhouse and how the whiskey reacted to the wood. (Blue Run Kentucky Rye Bourbon)
They range from 115-117 proof and the color of the butterflies vary based upon the distinct flavor profile. (Blue Run Kentucky Rye Bourbon)
- RED HOT LOLLIPOP: Light brown sugar and saltwater taffy lead to strawberries and red-hot candies with a finish of honey crisp apples. 224 Bottle Yield.
- ISLAND SPICE CAKE: Granola and ripe banana introduce a mid-palate sweet and salty trail mix and caramelized apples finishing with anise and oak. 228 Bottle Yield.
- SUMMER MELON: A hint of watermelon rind gives way to hard cherry candy ending with charred oak. 231 Bottle Yield.
- PEANUT BUTTER & BANANA: A peanut butter and banana sandwich with deep, dark brown sugar finished with nutmeg and a kick of heat. 224 Bottle Yield.
- HOLY HONEY!: Sweetened honey almond cereal and honey bun cake with a lingering finish.230 Bottle Yield.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BAR: Chocolate chip granola bar and orange marmalade lead the way followed by a warm, toasted oak finish. 224 Bottle Yield.
- HOLIDAY FRUIT BASKET: A combination of orange blossom, lemon, and a bit of maraschino cherry in the middle ending in a sprig of mint. 227 Bottle Yield.
- BREAKFAST BOURBON: Savory honey buttered wheat toast and kettle corn leading to grape jelly finishing with mild black pepper and lightly toasted oak. 227 Bottle Yield.
- BLUEBERRY PIE: Dark brown sugar and blueberry bubble gum on the nose leading to burnt sugar with new leather and a warm, dry oak finish. 229 Bottle Yield.
- APPLES & CINNAMON: Baking spice on the nose met by the mellowed-out taste of apples cooked in butter and brown sugar, ever-so-slightly caramelized and ready to pour into a pie before baking. Pronounced cinnamon to finish. 232 Bottle Yield.
- CHESTNUTS ROASTING: Pronounced nutty aroma of chestnuts followed brûléed citrus joined by a pop of heat on the back end to warm you all the way through. 228 Bottle Yield. (Blue Run Kentucky Rye Bourbon)
- SAUVIGNON BLANC: Cooked peaches and simple syrup on the nose followed by golden raisins and a Mutsu apple, vanilla, and dry oak finish. 231 Bottle Yield.